How to Choose the Conveyor Belt Properly?
Most of conveyor belt
damage are the abrasion of belt working surface and edges, as well as belt breakdown, tearing and stripping caused by large-block sharp materials. The following factors should be taken into consideration in the process of conveyor belt selection.
1. The type of conveyor belt
is chosen according to the requirements of conveyor system.
1) Fabric conveyor belts are generally used for short distance transportation.
2) Steel cord conveyor belts should be chosen for long distance belt conveyors with large capacity and high tension.
2. The type of conveyor belt is chosen according to material property, such as material type, status and particle size, and pulley diameter, belt tension, receiving conditions, as well as belt joint conditions.
1) Impact resistant & anti-tear conveyor belts are used to transport large size lump material, or used on the condition of high drop of receiving point.
2) The maximum layer of fabric conveyor belt is not more than six, but it can be properly increased if the conveyed material has special requirements on the thickness of conveyor belt.
3. The type of conveyor belt is chosen according to the requirements of environmental & terrain conditions and safety aspects.
Underground belt conveyor should use fire-resistant conveyor belts.
Further information,please click:www.pkmachinery.com